Hardcover, paperback, or both?

Wednesday, December 5, 2012
I've come to the point where I need to make a decision  I plan on doing paperback either way, but should I throw a hardcover into the mix? **It'll be more money for readers to buy, so I'll have to price it as less. Meaning I probably won't make as much on the hardcovers as I do the paperbacks. Plus, it costs more money to produce them. Another ISBN, another cover layout, upload fees . . .

But there's something to be said for having your book in hardcover. 

I'd probably release them pretty close to around the same time, so people could choose which version they'd like to have.

So, dear fans, do you want a hardcover version for Winter Queen? Would you shell out the money for one? Or should I just stick with paperbacks?

*I just price it all out. I'd have to sell the book for $26 to make a profit. Yikes. That's a lot.

**If I lower my retailer discount, I can lower the price to 19.99. What do you guys think? 

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    I love hardcovers but I also like paperbacks. I think paperbacks would be okay if it's going to be that expensive.

  1. LC Piper said...:

    I buy to keep, hardback is the way to go. Please. You should do what you think is best, you could always offer it later as a limited edition run or as a box set. Do a kick starter or something similar.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...