Review of Vanish by Sophie Jordan

Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Vanish (Firelight, #2)

I love this series. Love it. Love it. Love it. If you adore paranormal, this is a must have for your library.

Jacinda has returned to her pride of dragons, determined to forget the boy she's fallen for. After all, how can a hunter and his prey fall in love?

And of course there's Cassian, who Jace has been convinced only wants her because she's a coveted fire breather. Or does he? Time after time, Cassian proves himself as he goes out of his way to protect and care for Jace.

No matter what choice Jace makes, she loses something. Being with Will means abandoning her family and her way of life. Staying with Cassian means losing her freedom for the tyrannical rule of her pride.

This is one of the best written love triangles I've ever read--and this coming from the girl who is sick to death of love triangles. In the first book, I was totally a Will fan. Now I'm totally in Cassian's camp.

I can't wait for the final installment!

8 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were sick of love triangles. I always pegged you as a "love triangle" expert. I don't know why...maybe you just gave off that "vibe".

  1. Maybe I'm sick of them because I am the expert. :)
    I don't mind one if it's super well done or if it uses a different twist, but I cannot abide another overdone love triangle.

    I've read two so far this year that would qualify: Vanish is one of them. The other is the Iron Queen series by Julie Kagawa.

  1. Shanella said...:

    oh man, I keep seeing these books on my amazon reccs and have been ignoring them because I heard the protagonist was a whiner and I'm also NOT a fan of love triangles ... but it keeps cropping up all over the place. I might have to give in and read it.

  1. Carrie said...:

    I haven't read this series yet but it sounds like I need to. I am with you on the overdone love triangle. I adore the Iron Fey series as well. Thanks for the review!

  1. Shanella: This one is really well done. I can see why someone might think Jace is whiny, but I think she was just realistic. Still, it might not be your flavor. If you hate all love triangles, you won't like it.

    Carrie: Ya, if you like Iron Fey, you should like this one. I liked the second one better than the first, which is so hard to pull off.

  1. Anonymous said...:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. Anonymous said...:

    Amber - loved your thoughts on Vanish. It's my favorite of the two, too. I've love for you to take a look at my reviews of the Firelight series so far at http://www.readingrevels.com/tag/firelight-series. I'm happy I found your blog - I'm going to have to check out Witch Song soon. Best Regards!

  1. Shanella said...:

    Thanks for the further explanation. I don't hate ALL love triangles ... just ones that make no sense! haha

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...