Truth Time

Monday, July 14, 2008
I think the time has come to discuss a very important and very pressing matter. Soda Pop. Gasp!
I know, I know. It's a hard subject for most people to dive into. Those differing bottles of fizz tend to bring out the worst in people.
For me, the debate starts with two words: Pepsi or Coke?
Here I go, don't send me hate mail, Pepsi. I haven't always been a Pepsi girl. As a preteen, I was a Coke fan. But then I began to use hairspray, and I have to say, Coke has a very "Hairspray" aftertaste. Ruined me for life on Coke.
And now I digress. I am weird. I know I am. My husband and children confirm the fact daily, but once again, this is my therapy because I'm too poor to afford it on my own: I like my pop flat. *cringe*
Ah, that's strangely liberating. Yes, flat. I hate the bubbles that give you burps and burn your nose/throat on the way down. I will leave it opened in the fridge for a few days. If the situation is dire, I hold my mouth over the nozzle and shake it until most of the bubbles are gone (are you visualizing this? Good, because you needed to smile today. Serious, work on the attitude buster.)
We'll now that I'm out of the closet, I think I'll go have a Pepsi.

1 comments:

  1. Okay, which kind of soda for me? I would have to say neither. First of all, I work as a medical researcher for this nutraceutical company, and the first thing I noticed when I first joined the company was that its employees were all non-smokers, non-drinkers, and non-soda poppers--and that means no energy drinks and so on. More interesting is the fact that these people only consume 2 servings of meat per week.

    What I come to find out is that soda drinks have a substance in them that attack our liver system and immune system. No, we won't die from consuming it, but over time, our body will slowly fail, our metabolism will decrease and our liver will exhaust itself. This invites cancerous cells to stay a little longer in our body since our immune system is low, which can lead to tumors and such.

    Also, diet drinks are especially dangerous to health. Between the two evils, I will definitely choose a normal carbonated drink over a diet one. This is because, as researches report--and there's one episode on the subject on Dateline and 60 Minutes--all it takes to ruin our body and encourage obesity is a can of diet soda a day. Contrary to popular belief, diet drinks will actually make you fatter and can cause serious cardiovascular disease.

    Okay, I don't mean to be a damper and scare you, but this is true story. Having said that, I hope you will still be able to enjoy your pop. And yes, you can definitely blame it on me if you don't. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...